The Apple and Pear Sample the Harvest Event on October 13th is a great chance to try out the later apples and pears. The event will begin with educational talks and demonstrations about pruning and cider. Everyone will be able to pick apples and pears to take home.
Sampling will take place in the WWFRF Fruit Garden at 16650 State Route 536, Mount Vernon, WA. The Fruit Garden is west of the Discovery Gardens. Parking is at the north end of the Fruit Garden.
Registration begins at 10:30 am. Event begins at 11:00 am.
The apple and pear sampling event will be updated at a time nearer to the event but it will probably proceed as follows:
- The public will arrive starting at 10:30 AM and park in the area North of the WWFRF Fruit Garden. Parking volunteers will direct traffic into the parking area.
- Participants will then sign in at the registration table.
- Harvest Sampling Events are free to current WWFRF members, and open to non-members @ $15 / Individual and $30.00 / family (one household only, adult children should have their own membership). No pets are allowed.
- Cider tasting from 11am – 1 pm
- Informal Fruit Garden tours – look for green vested volunteers.
- This event will end at 2:00 PM. No entry after 12 pm.
- Sampling of Apple and Pear varieties to begin at noon.