The Apple and Pear Sample the Harvest Event on October 8th is a great chance to try out the later apples and pears. The event will begin with educational talks and demonstrations about pruning and cider.
Sampling will take place in the WWFRF Fruit Garden.
Registration begins at 10:30 am. Event begins at 11:00 am.
The apple and pear sampling event will be updated at a time nearer to the event but it will probably proceed as follows:
- The public will arrive starting at 10:30 AM and park in the area North of the WWFRF Fruit Garden. Parking volunteers will direct traffic into the parking area.
- Participants will then sign in at the registration table.
- Harvest Sampling Events are free to current WWFRF members, and open to non-members @ $15 / Individual and $30.00 / family (one household only). No pets are allowed.
- Cider tasting from 11am – 1 pm
- Pruning demo at 11:15 am
- Informal Fruit Garden tours – look for green vested volunteers.
- This event will end at 2:00 PM. No entry after 12 pm.
- Sampling of Apple and Pear varieties to begin at noon.