The October 12th Apple and Pear Sample the Harvest Event is a great chance to try out the later apples and pears.
Sampling will take place in the WWFRF Fruit Garden.
The apple and pear sampling will proceed as follows:
- The public will arrive starting at 11:00 AM and park in the area North of the WWFRF Fruit Garden. Parking volunteers will direct traffic into the parking area.
- Participants will then sign in at the registration table.
- There will be talks on cider, and apple diseases and pests (more information to be added soon.)
- Harvest Sampling Events are free to current WWFRF members, and open to non-members @ $15 / Individual and $30.00 / family (one household only). No pets are allowed.
- Participants will be allowed to harvest samples of the various fruit varieties.
- Sweet apple cider will be available for tasting.
- This event will end at 2:00 PM. No entry after 12 pm.