WWFRF volunteers and board members are busily preparing for this year’s Summer Fruit Festival, to be held on August 18, 2012. This year we’ll have:
- Learn to start your espalier orchard or take it to the next level with workshops in the Display Garden, which features a large, mature espalier collection
- Learn to encourage harvest quality and quantity and discover different forms and methods for training
- Attend presentations on disease and pest control methods
- Join us as we demonstrate fruit preparation. A sampling of aronia-flavored sorbet will be available
- Guest speakers include Chef Graham Kerr, Raintree Nursery owner Sam Benowitz and Northwoods Nursery founder Jim Gilbert
We hope you will join us! Purchase entrance or read more about the event here.